top of page

Adam and Eve Church

Restoration

The Adam & Eve Church with its great green copper dome is a major landmark Dublin's city centre skyline. CSA were engaged to complete renovation and refurbishment project at the property.

Founded in 1834 it was designed by Patrick Byrne who was the architect for a number of important churches throughout the city. CSA, in their capacity as qualified conservation architects, carried out external conservation works to the church which included repointing and cleaning of natural stone and brick cladding, repair of spalled masonry and renewal of lead flashings to stone and concrete projections. Existing roof-lights and heritage windows were also refurbished as part of the project. Extensive internal refurbishment works were undertaken which included full redecoration including floor finishes and feature lighting throughout, a new feature leaded glass lay-light to the dome ceiling above the nave and new decorative iron railings. Structural repairs were also carried out together with a fire safety and mechanical and electrical upgrade.

bottom of page